At Laetitia, we are passionate about producing premium estate wines that showcase the distinctive qualities of the Arroyo Grande Valley. Located in Southern San Luis Obispo County, our coastal property overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Originally known for Méthode ?Champenoise sparkling wines, we continue to produce seven unique Sparkling Wines. Currently, we are just as well known for our handcrafted Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and more.Made from fruit grown in the ideal coastal conditions of the Arroyo Grande Valley AVA, Laetitia Estate wines encapsulate the moments, sites, and people who pour their lives into ensuring the excellence of every sip.
We are currently seeking a full time Facilities Maintenance Mechanic to be responsible for routine inspections, preventative/predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance tasks to facilities and production systems involving plumbing, painting, landscaping, basic electrical, mechanical and carpentry. The position will also perform a wide variety of skilled mechanical and limited electrical duties to include installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification of bottling production equipment as needed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and maintain accurate and timely records
• Recommendation process and efficiency improvement s, and as applicable, execute action plans for these improvements.
• Follow general housekeeping procedures including organizing parts, machines and shop cleaning
• Conduct on-going assessment of safety and operational procedures.
• Respond to emergency maintenance calls as needed.
• Disassemble malfunctioning equipment; examine and test mechanisms on large and small machinery.
• Reassemble and test equipment and adjust calibration to ensure equipment is functioning within specified standards.
• Inspect and calibrate instruments.
• Ensure that all machine guarding is compliant with OSHA and company safety standards.
• Complies with all required PPE and OSHA regulatory requirements
• Assist with small projects and large-scale tasks with maintenance team.
• Perform preventative/predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
• Install, repair or modify existing or new equipment.
• Ability to thoroughly research parts and equipment requirements as needed.
• Submit requisitions for parts and materials to Supervisor.
• Maintain bottling equipment and associated infrastructure including but not limited to hardware, machinery, and line synchronization equipment.
• Responsible for maximizing efficiency of bottling line changeovers, adjustments, synchronization of equipment and equipment up-time.
• Assemble and install mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems, to include bottling production machinery, tooling and conveyor systems.
• Maintain equipment to meet packaging standards and established guidelines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and expedite workflow to maximize efficiency.
• Sense of urgency where required.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Must have the ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure, with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work with all levels of management and deal effectively with diverse individuals.
• Proficient with MS Office.
• 3+ years advanced experience working directly in the repair, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and efficiency maximization of winery and/or bottling line mechanical
and electrical equipment.
• Formal factory training on winery and/or bottling line equipment preferred.
• Coursework, technical training or trade schooling desired in areas applicable to position and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret manuals and schematics.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls and PLC's desired.
• Knowledgeable in fabrication, construction, refrigeration, plumbing and electr ical trades.
• Knowledgeable regarding safe work practices.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, reflective vest, etc.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb or balance, walk up and down stairs and ladders, stoop, kneel or crouch for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and move up to SO pounds and occasionally move only up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Must be available to work overtime, as required