The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Benziger Family Winery is searching for enthusiastic, passionate wine sales and customer service professionals to join our dynamic, high energy Tasting Room team.
The Tasting Room Senior Sales Associate is a part-time position responsible for creating a memorable wine and customer service experience at our captivating estate property while promoting wine sales, enlisting new club members and providing wine education and elevated experiences to customers.
This position is part-time, with up to 29 hours per week, requiring a flexible schedule and weekend availability.
* Provide excellent customer service in all areas: welcome guests, educate and present the portfolio of wines and elevated experiences.
* Create and execute an exclusive experience for each customer; confidently and knowledgably speak to wines, varietals, winemaking/viticulture practices, growing areas, winery and history.
* Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room and drive new memberships to the Wine Club.
* Strong focus on closing sales and up-selling is crucial.
* Conduct daily public tours, reserved group and private tours, tours for trade and other elevated experiences and seated tastings as scheduled.
* Assist with events; execute timeline, manage closing and securing of the venue concluding events.
* Host specialty programs, lunches or dinner as assigned.
* Maintain, update and expand knowledge of the winery, viticulture, enology by participating in educational trainings and tastings within the Winery and through outside sources.
* Collect names and email addresses for future contact.
* Promote and represent winery by pouring at off and on-premise special events.
* Learn POS systems and manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions.
* Accountable for tracking wine and retail inventory.
* Stock supplies and maintain displays in retail areas.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Must be 21 years of age
* Three or more years' experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position preferred
* Must be available to work most weekends, special events and holidays
* Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
* Service driven, with superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
* Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
* Strong attention to detail and proactivity. Ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
* Capability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
* Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Must hold a valid driver's license
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
* Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
Competitive compensation wage and commission program for wine sales and wine club sign-ups, and generous employee discounts.
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description