Mid-Sized Napa Valley winery with proven track record of success seeks Southeastern Sales Manager. As part of a small, dynamic team, the Southeastern Sales Manager will work directly with both the Vice President of Sales and the winery CEO to achieve regional and national case goals, plan, develop and execute new product launches, and strategize marketing activities within our network of wholesale partners. This position will be results oriented, focusing on sales goals and initiatives, profitability, marketing, and growing brand equity with distributors.
• Manage key distributor relationships in 6 states (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama).
• Initiate pricing, programs, incentives, and monitor bill-backs and depletion allowances and take corrective action when needed.
• Initiate and monitor sales strategies, objectives, goals and targeted revenue generation in all business channels.
• Prioritize performance management efforts to have the greatest overall impact on sales.
• Influence the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing field support tools, including training programs and territory planning strategies.
• Lead and assist in trade events and conducting staff training/education programs.
• Meet annual depletion, shipment, and performance goals.
• Must demonstrate critical thinking in regard to sales, profitability and market share.
• Must possess enthusiasm, determination, and acute attention to detail to ensure that all sales opportunities are explored and optimized.
• Must be an organized self-starter with the ability to thrive in a highly competitive environment with excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation, and analytics.
• Must be comfortable with public speaking in front of 30-50+ people.
• Proven track record of successful selling within the region and management of key chain retail relationships.
• Must possess both National and Regional chain buyer relationships.
• Must currently reside in either Georgia or Florida.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of winery sales experience including distributor management
• Experience in selling both domestic and imported fine wine
• Skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT), Tradepulse, Nielsens and IRI data
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and lift 35 pounds
• Commensurate with professional experience level
• 3 weeks paid vacation
• Health care package