Wine Club Manager
Hearst Ranch Winery
Paso Robles, CA
Hearst Ranch Winery is looking for a motivated and positive self-starter who will work well with our team to take our Wine Club to the next level. The successful candidate will consistently provide exceptional customer service and will be responsible for growing sales and membership, while at the same time promoting member retention. Position will be located in Paso Robles, with a couple days a week spent in San Simeon. Specifically, this person will demonstrate success by:
• Developing and executing strategic business plans to increase profits from Wine Club shipments.
• Growing Wine Club membership by designing and implementing industry best practices, maximizing onsite conversions and undertaking creative marketing programs.
• Retaining existing Hearst Ranch Winery club members through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service, resulting in increased sales and longevity of membership.
• Create and execute events for HRW at both the San Simeon and Paso Robles locations
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager and Tasting Room Manager to create effective marketing programs including but not limited to e-mail blasts, promotional materials, events, and tasting room packages for our members.
• Maintain compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to wine shipments.
• Analyze weekly sales data and create weekly/monthly recaps for owners
• Responsible for all duties and procedures applicable to management of the Wine Club
• Create promotions to increase and maintain membership
• Develop familiar, consistent, and productive sales relationships with our club members
• Management of club members including new member acquisition, club member retention, special orders, email and phone correspondence, welcome letters, special promotions, newsletters, etc.
• Process Club payments and other special offerings. Also responsible for processing additional sales, orders and customer service requests placed by members.
• Process shipping orders, billing, collecting credit card data, maintaining all membership files.
• Manage customer database, enter new customers, update and maintain all membership records and manage shipment inventories to be picked up.
• Work with Tasting Room Managers to train and motivate retail sales staff to grow Club membership and support activities.
• Coordinate on-site/off-site club shipments
• Manage all order returns and resolve weather holds, re-routes and address updates.
• Contact customers with missed delivery attempts to reduce return rates.
• Assist with club event planning and execution.
• Reliable transportation and willingness to commute if necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelors in business, marketing, hospitality, or similar field or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• At least 2 years’ experience in Wine Retail and/or Club Management (or equivalent) desired; exceptional, similar experience from outside the wine business welcome
• Knowledge and experience in working with WineDirect Ecommerce platform and Ship Compliance is helpful
• Must be flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions, possess the ability to adapt to the Company’s frequently changing needs and priorities.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, CRM, Internet; Wine Direct or AMS a plus
• Self-starter, clear communicator, positive team player, multi-tasker, highly organized
• Effective sales person
• Positive attitude
• Sophisticated knowledge of wine and winery operations
• Good sense of humor
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be 21 years of age to apply
Type of Work:
Commensurate with experience
• No phone calls please. Thank you.