ABOUT STRATEGIC GROUP
Since our founding in 2000, Strategic Group has committed itself to creating the most inventive and exciting experiences for our client’s consumers. We operate in the luxury marketing space, representing the most aspirational brands through lifestyle, entertainment, fashion and hospitality enterprises.
Clients sign with Strategic Group in order to remain fresh, relevant and in-demand by engaging our highly-trained uniquely-educated resource of talent.
In this role, the Champagne Specialists will be accountable for evaluating the current account
landscape for portfolio opportunities, merchandising the target account universe and leveraging all brand sponsored activities, as well as training key account and distributor sales staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Demonstrate an understanding of supplier brand strategies (pricing, promotion, and shelf positioning)
• Function as the dedicated client representative in selected territory.
• Create innovative solutions to client initiatives
• Execute brand strategies with client channel managers
• Communicate market conditions to the client (trend and brand issues)
• Communicate and execute initiatives program with the distributor sales force
• Identify and develop the MH business in key accounts in the On and Off Premise segments
• Identify the MH brand opportunities from specific needs and marketing strategies of the key accounts
• Demonstrate success in building and improving relationships with accounts in entire geographic region
• Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the products and categories
• Establish successful sales history within identified universe
• Ability to exercise professional judgment to handle a variety of situations
• Capable of managing multiple projects on tight deadlines and maintaining high level of quality output
• Ability to drive and maintain a valid and/or current driver’s license
• Extensive knowledge of alcohol beverage industry
• Strong leadership, motivation and persuasive communication skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Efficient time management skills
EDUCATION AND CRITERIA REQUIREMENTS
• 3-5 years beverage industry related experience
• B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook)
• Comprehensive understanding of spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
• Court of Master Sommelier or Masters of Wine certification (any level) WSET
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND EVALUATION
• Reports directly to and is evaluated by the company’s Region Manager, Specialist Department.
The above description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job of Champagne Specialist. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements nor should it be construed as creating a contract of employment, which is terminable by the employee or Strategic Group at any time for any reason.