We are a packaging and distribution company looking for a Vice President of Finance. This person will lead a team to help the company manage, measure and optimize business performance, budgeting, cash flow, and financial accountability.
As a key member of the Management team, this person will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. This person will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, budgeting, forecasting, financial statement reporting, and pricing design. This person will track the financial performance of each department and jointly set plans to achieve annual goals. The VP will work directly with the president to strategize profitable growth, asset optimization, and process improvements.
This position will focus on working with both internal departments and external entities (lenders, shareholders, auditors) in order to establish critical metrics, track performance of those metrics, make strategic recommendations on areas for improvement, and have direct oversight of human resource matters. Finally, the VP of Finance will be responsible for ensure adequate liquidity during periods or rapid growth.
• Provides leadership in achievement of short and long term strategic financial objectives
• Ensure credibility of the Accounting/Finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of performance and financial statements
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to support growth and improvement in profitability.
• Determine what information is needed to enable better decisions. Anticipation of the needs of the business. Drive conversations to a proper conclusion.
• Manage processes for financial forecasting and budgets.
• Provide support and direction in Human Resources and Administration areas (e.g. insurance).
• Primary interaction with lenders
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place, ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax
• Responsible for annual audit. Primary interface between the Company and our accountants
• 8-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance function as a Controller or CFO in manufacturing or distribution business.
• BS/BA degree in finance/accounting, or related fields.
• Ability to autonomously understand the meaning behind financial results and to share conclusions with the senior team.
• Strong understanding of finance, GAAP and technical accounting.
• Expert proficiency with MS Office and ERP Systems.
• High level of integrity and dependability.
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing financial audits.
• CPA or master’s degree.
• Experience working in small entrepreneurial business environments highly desirable.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Wine industry compliance.
• Experience with rapidly growing companies.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Prior experience with NetSuite a plus.