Position/Title: Part Time Tasting Room Associate
Job Location: Carmel Valley, CA
Type of Work: Part time, 2-3 days / week
Joullian Vineyards is hiring a part-time Tasting Room Associate for our Tasting Room in Carmel Valley, CA. Applicants should be energetic and outgoing with a passion for the wine industry and a commitment to giving the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Service/ Sales & Hospitality:
• Provides guests with a special and memorable tasting experience.
• Greet all guests in a friendly and sincere manner. Delivers exemplary customer service.
• Pours and educates customers about the Joullian brand
• Develops ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
• Promotes and sells Joullian’s Wine Club, wine products, and gift merchandise
• Represent the Joullian brand with enthusiasm and loyalty.
• Accurately operates POS registers & programs.
• Package and/or ship wines and merchandise for guests.
• Manage, stock and maintain all non-wine retail products.
• Bar duties include, opening wine, cleaning and buffing wine glasses.
• Maintain wines for tasting.
• Maintain clean work environment, keep tasting room clean and organized.
• Ensures tasting room merchandise is stocked, organized, and properly priced.
• Answer phones when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls.
• Follows through on all opening & closing duties.
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues & trends.
• Work special events, special wine tastings, and luncheons/dinners, when necessary.
• Understands, practices, and promotes responsible hospitality.
• MUST be available to work 2 Joullian events each year: Harvest Party, Last Saturday of September or First Saturday of October & Wine and Wreaths, first Saturday of December.
• Should be outgoing and energetic with a passion for the wine industry.
• Professional appearance.
• Excellent organization, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Committed to excellent customer service skills.
• Previous wine experience or a thorough understanding of wine varieties.
• Able to work independently and in a team setting.
• Proficient in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and evenings when needed.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, changing environment.
• Ability to lift 40-50 pounds (case of wine) and be 21 years of age.
• Ability to tolerate physical activity, including standing for prolonged periods and bending.
Hourly - DOE