Position Summary: As a highly polished and educated link between the exclusive wine selection at Oakville Grocery and the private clientele who purvey them, this role seeks to build a white glove wine sales experience for the OGC brand. Working collaboratively with the GM, Wine Program Manager, and inhouse Marketing team, this individual will develop a fully integrated system consisting of private client contact management, sales & membership goal development, wine education & branding, as well as planning, execution and representation for company events. The ideal candidate will be well versed in facilitating high-profile client experiences, possess an extroverted and gregarious personality, and promote a true passion for sharing wine & wine culture with others. A dedicated Napa & Sonoma Valley enthusiast & networker is a must.
• Assist in creating and executing an exceptional, consistently high-end personal experience designed for private clients.
• Drive revenue and take a leadership role in building wine sales throughout the location.
• Conduct memorable wine experiences for each guest sharing knowledge, passion and education of wine resulting in wine sales and wine club memberships.
• Daily operational duties include wine tastings and facilitating wine by the glass offerings, contact follow up and management, exclusive events, hosting guests.
• This individual is the primary source of wine related customer service for OGC, promoting the company at networking and outside events, ensuring exemplary customer service.
• This role will focus on accomplishing sales goals, fulfillment management, systems management and updating all facets of event planning and execution on-property for VIP. This will require coordinating and collaborating with the marketing department.
• This position requires in depth customer ‘intelligence’ gathering to achieve a high-touch in person and phone sales program. Customer intel will be leveraged to heighten the experience for current and previous guests.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Timely Recording Keeping in Workforce Now - ADP
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, financial reports, legal documents, and policies and procedures. Ability to write detailed reports and compile supporting data. Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, outside consultants, and other business contacts, and to facilitate meetings or training sessions as needed.
• Ability calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Possess advanced intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing, intranet systems, and basic programming.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university preferred; 5-7 plus years of relevant work experience required. Certified Sommelier Examination (CMS II) required, Advanced Sommelier Certificate (CMS III) preferred.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions. Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Hearing adequate for working safety around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
• Primarily in a well-lit heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar, outdoor events, OGC courtyard) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday, may require periodic evenings, event representation and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
Boisset Collection is an innovative, eco-minded, dynamic company with family roots in France and California. Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.