The Area Sales Manager (Northern California) is responsible for calling on key regional and national accounts both on and off premise, as well as “lighthouse” independent accounts across all sales channels. This position is responsible for the Northern California sales territory, and the candidate must reside within the sales territory.
• In conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager of the territory, develop and execute the company’s sales plan by working with key retailers and distributors in the specified territory.
• Achieve annual depletion and shipment goals, profit goals and performance goals in area of responsibility.
• Develop, implement and manage regional sales plan and hold meetings with key distributor management at regular intervals.
• Interface with distributor partners on a regular basis to provide support and education on our brands.
• Design, implement and manage distributor programs and incentives to include proper management of price support and other marketing dollars available to maximize market performance.
• Manage allocations by SKU, by market and manage target account goals.
• Work in the field on a frequent basis making account visits/calls with or without distributor sales staff.
• Participate in trade and consumer tasting events.
• Provide senior management with accurate and timely information necessary to improve business. Includes advising senior management of competitive pricing, promotions, sales trends and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action plan.
• Acquire and analyze brand sales by account/market to facilitate growth opportunities.
• Provide senior management with required reports such as regional account updates and allocation and depletion reports by market.
• Manage distributor inventory levels to avoid any out of stock issues.
• Conduct business duties in a professional, effective and efficient manner within corporate and budgetary guidelines.
• Great opportunity for an ambitious college graduate looking to get into the wine industry.
• Ideally 2 to 3 years of experience in adult beverage sales and distributor management, working for a supplier or distributor.
• Preference towards individuals with established working relationships with key accounts including chains on and/or off premise.
• Goal oriented with a proven track record of achieving sales goals, distribution objectives, increasing case volume, developing relationships, creating programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
• Experience in managing relationships with distributor sales staff and management.
• Strong business related writing and math skills with full knowledge of distributor pricing models.
• Ability and desire to travel frequently for meetings, market visits and presentations.
• Understanding of respective state compliance and liquor laws.
• Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills as well as the ability to close deals.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Able to comfortably lift, push and pull 40 lbs.
• Valid Driver License & Auto Insurance.