Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst is a vital member of a lean finance team that provides management with reporting, modeling, and ad hoc analyses that facilitate business planning and decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare monthly reports, including Contribution Margin and variance reports
• Develop and maintain KPI dashboards
• Assist with long term, annual, and rolling forecasts
• Help establish the FP&A team as a Center of Excellence (COE) for reporting and planning, leading other teams to embrace new tech in the realm of data and cloud-based computing (e.g. Anaplan and Power BI)
• Assist with digital transformation of numerous reports and analyses used across the Company
• Facilitate continuous improvement of our FP&A processes
• Bachelor's Degree with significant coursework or work experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar areas of study.
• 1-3 years of business-related experience with a quantitative focus
• Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build interactive business models
- Ability to work with complex data sets
• Advanced analytics skills, including: comfort manipulating and analyzing large datasets, experience building complex and dynamic Excel models, and familiarity with BI / visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
• Experience with business planning tools (Anaplan preferred) is a plus
• Familiarity with data infrastructure and ability to write queries for data validation (SQL preferred) is a plus
• Ability to learn new tools and advance analytical capabilities quickly
• Passion for continuous, self-driven learning with a mindset for continuous improvement
• Aptitude for creative problem-solving, often in situations that are ambiguous
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed
• Strong communication skills: written and oral. Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
• Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team
• Experience with Microsoft NAV or similar ERP systems is a plus
• Data Science coursework is a plus.
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.