Duck Pond Cellars, part of Great Oregon Wine Company seeks a full-time Wine Club Manager. Duck Pond Cellars, started in 1993, has a strong existing club but we are looking to take it to next level. We are at the beginning of an exciting new brand identity roll-out too. Duck Pond Cellars offers very competitive compensation as well as the full slate of benefits.
The Wine Club Manager will oversee all aspects of customer service for our wine club. This individual works as a team player to provide professional and efficient sales as well as customer service to retail and wine club customers. The Wine Club Manager utilizes knowledge of tasting room operations, wine products, shipping practices and other internal operating systems and best practices to maximize sales through exceptional sales and customer relations skills.
Responsibilities include customer service (in person, telephone and email), wine club sales, data entry, wine club support, and other administrative tasks. This position will assist with driving sales revenue to achieve business goals through telephone sales campaigns, events as well as assisting in the tasting room. This person must be enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine. People skills and the ability to multi-task are a must, along with working with the public and in a team environment. Ensures world-class genuine customer service and interfaces with customers regularly to enhance communication and customer visits. This person will ensure effective communication within the Direct to Consumer Team and the overall company and report to the Tasting Room Manager.
This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position that requires a flexible schedule and which include weekends and holidays. During club shipping season, events and busy holiday periods hours beyond the 40hr work week will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all aspects of Wine Club— shipping orders, billing, customer service, compliance and
- Manage member data— update customer information as requested, cancellations, special
requests, on-hold memberships, etc.
- Enter new wine club members into our database with complete and accurate information and in a
timely fashion to meet reporting deadlines
- Prepare and send all new club members welcome communication
- Respond to all phone calls, e-mail and voicemail messages in timely fashion
- Assist with club event planning and execution
- Assists with hospitality special events
- Prepare all pre-shipment e-mails and event invites according to calendar, including tracking of
- Monitor all Wine Club collateral materials used by all tasting rooms
- Track shipments as needed for all club and retail
- Monitor and stay within compliance laws, reciprocal states, shipping requirements for all order
- Provide wine club support to other locations as needed
- Sell wine clubs in Tasting Room or via phone
- Monitor and promote wine club member signups
- Direct interaction with all Tasting Room personnel in the area of training, shipping, wine club, etc.
- Book guest and member experiences via phone or email for all TR experiences, gathering necessary billing and contact information
- Manage tele-sales vendor
- Run reports, as needed and required, for other departments in company
- Manage and execute company’s social media presence towards goal of building brand and increasing awareness among consumers.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma is required, college degree is preferred
- Must have two to three years of Direct to Consumer experience, winery experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be passionate about wine in general,
- Prefer candidate with knowledge of VinSuite POS system.
- Must have excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and efficiency
- Must have excellent organizational skills to manage priorities and workflow, and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must have professional appearance, demeanor and enthusiasm
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Must be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs.; be able to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and lift repetitively; possess excellent verbal communication, written communication, and listening skills; have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with minimal supervision; and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off