Director of Facilities
This position will be responsible for the facility maintenance and upkeep of multiple winery operations, vineyard operations and hospitality centers.
• Project management of complex infrastructure and development plans, estate buildings and equipment maintenance, plus construction with hands-on management responsibilities.
• Perform project and budget management, personal oversight and documentation with ability to both lead team execution of and also perform hands-on repairs, preventative maintenance, renovations and new construction. Projects include commercial building and estate operating systems, infrastructure and equipment maintenance, multiple ongoing remodelings, landscaping.
• Work closely with ownership and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
• Effective and efficient management of resources and labor.
• Proactive tracking and monitoring all aspects of regulatory compliance, documentation and reporting.
• Working closely with winery and visitor center staff to ensure grounds keeping and guest experiences are maintained at the highest level of professionalism.
• Tracking and managing all assets, equipment and vehicles on site. Providing oversight of repairs, maintenance and safety.
• Manage a maintenance workforce through company strategic plans and values while directing, training, mentoring and developing employees with a consistent message and purpose.
• Interact with vendors to exploit technology, purchase equipment and services and resolve long term equipment, training and process issues.
• Assist in planning and executing Capital Projects in support of production, quality and efficiency goals.
• Guide staff in assessing and correcting mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment operations.
• Develop reports on accomplishment of maintenance actions.
• Oversee all aspects of estate operations, construction and maintenance to ensure that highest level of "best safety practices" are constantly maintained and documented.
• Supervise the maintenance and improvement of the landscape of all facilities through management of internal gardeners and contracted landscape services.
• Maintain all landscape infrastructures to include irrigation systems, lighting systems, live and hardscapes, roads, bridges and fencing.
• Maintain facility well water, process waste water treatment systems and septic systems.
• Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all facility related vehicles.
• Hands on operation and maintenance of winery infrastructure equipment to include plant refrigeration systems, building environmental HVAC, boilers, air compressors, domestic water systems, fire protection systems, lighting and building structure upkeep.
• Develop and execute a preventive maintenance program to effectively strengthen the integrity of all facility related operating systems.
• Ensure that all environmental and regulatory systems and reporting are accurate.
• Manage outside contractors utilized to support all facility, hospitality and winery operations.
• Leadership in the respective site Safety Program pertaining to building life safety systems.
• Lead role in training of personnel in all facility safety related programs.
• Manage and coordinate facility related projects and respective contractors to insure goals of cost control and defined deliverables are accomplished.
• Reporting to the respective facility General Managers to partner on established goals and objectives of the facility operation to insure they are met with exceptional results.
• Direct support of all site Visitor Center staffs to insure the highest level of the visitor experience.
• Manage to defined facility budgets to insure the most cost effective services and expenditures are being met.
• Partner with the respective hospitality management in managing contracted housekeeping services.
• Must be self-driven to manage multiple site needs.
• Ability to prioritize activities in a dynamic network of responsibilities.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
• Must demonstrate a positive interaction with many internal personnel, guests and external resources.
• Excellent organizational skills to insure successful project tracking and document control.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with flexible hours that may include nights and weekends.
• Excellent people management skills, providing a positive "can-do" team culture for employees at all levels.
• 5-7 years in a Leadership Role managing facility and maintenance operations.
• Higher education and training in specific aspects of managing facility maintenance operations.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
• Hands on working knowledge in trouble shooting electrical and mechanical systems.
• Position will require vehicle travel to multiple sites. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable.
• Must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of blueprint understanding.
• Must be able to lift and move 60 lbs. on a regular frequency.
• Must be available 24/7 to meet the needs of the facility operations during emergency and project management activities.
• Multiple site operations will require excellent time management skills.
• Conversational Spanish would be a plus.
• Experience across a broad range of trades including industrial equipment and facilities maintenance and all aspects of residential and commercial
• Work 8 to 12 hours per day or as required.
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. and occasionally lifts 100 pounds.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holi