Massanois (www.massanois.com) is a New York City based national importer and direct distributor of fine wine and craft spirits. We curate and represent a portfolio of quality-driven family owned wineries and distilleries from Argentina, Austria, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Scotland and the United States.
We are direct (Importer & Distributor) in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Washington DC and Virginia, and work in another 36 States with a network of like-minded, independent, quality distributors.
It’s our mission to find quality wines and craft spirits from around the world and connect these with leading restaurants, retailers and distributors. We live to tell the unique story of each producer we represent; one bottle at a time.
A sampling of the portfolio includes: Poderi Aldo Conterno, Tenuta di Bibbiano, Bruna Grimaldi, Caruso e Minini, Fanti, Fongoli, Graci, Laura Aschero, Mamete Prevostini, Parusso, Salcheto, A.R. Lenoble, Domaine du Chalet Pouilly, Domaine Daniel Rion, Domaine Michelot, Jean Max Roger, Mirabeau, Karthäuserhof, Brick & Mortar, and Zephyr, among other notable wineries.
This is a great opportunity for candidate that is passionate about wine and the wine making process and feels compelled every day to wake up and to express the story of each of our wineries.
About the Job:
The National Sales Director will be based in New York City, and take responsibility for growing sales in our National Markets.
• Manage our national distribution network of 40+ distributors across 36 US States.
• Develop new distribution relationships in our existing footprint.
• Open new markets with new distributors.
• Deploy and measure programming and support dollars across the national distribution network.
• Develop and execute national sales strategies for our wineries to achieve US distribution goals.
• Match each brand with the right distributor in each market.
• Drive sales to meet brand sales objectives.
• Develop/Direct/Facilitate multimarket national account sales (i.e. National or regional retail chain sales, restaurant groups, and other multi-state sales relationships).
• Drive brand building and achieve sales goals through key on/off premise accounts.
• Manage a team of two (2) regional managers, accelerating growth and development within existing regions.
• Grow the national sales team as needed to reach company objectives.
• You are self-directed, motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
• You are a people person, and past colleagues would use the word “integrity” when describing you.
• You are a resourceful problem solver and bring a logical, calm, cool, and collected approach to business challenges and opportunities.
• You do what you say, say what you mean, and take your commitments to our wineries personally.
• You have a high level of personal and professional equity in all your business relationships.
• You are an expert with excel and other data reporting and analytics tools – you understand that data analysis drives all aspects of sales. You are comfortable with technology and know to use it to support your business.
• You are a proven and enthusiastic leader and can motivate others.
• You have built sales teams and have managed others to meet or exceed their personal goals.
• You are a naturally collaborative person, with excellent communication skills. As a senior member of the team, your ability to translate brands, sales development, and market needs are imperative.
• You understand the career benefits of taking a leadership role at a smaller company (where your time, talents and efforts will be valued every day).
• You are PASSIONATE about wine.
• Industry experience required. Minimum 3 years in National Sales experience.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. Additional details about the company, portfolio, and compensation will be provided upon your selection for further discussions.