J. Bookwalter in Richland, Washington is a family-owned and operated winery and restaurant located in the heart of the Columbia Valley. We are seeking a full-time manager for our Tasting Studio in the Woodinville Hollywood School District area. This position oversees the day-to-day operations while demonstrating superior customer service and leadership. Our progressive brand along with multiple retail locations affords the potential candidate a wide array of hospitality and brand-building opportunities with an aggressive growth trajectory. Our business is situated in a prime location, producing a powerful revenue stream, while still allowing for creativity, where your original ideas are valued by a business with the agility to take action.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
• Committed to Excellence: Uncompromising Quality is critical to our success. You are defined by your peers as having complete dedication to profit performance, service excellence, and thoughtful leadership.
• A dynamic leader: Ready to listen, solve problems and never too busy to smile.
• Relentless about the details: It’s all in the details and YOU never miss a detail!
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
• Be an inspiration and motivate daily excellence.
• Use your career experience and talents to help the Tasting Room reach its financial and brand goals through skillful leadership.
• Develop innovative ideas for increasing sales in the tasting room and internet with the management team.
• Recruit, interview and hire talent into our Tasting Room staff.
• Train, mentor and develop staff members so that they can reach their career goals with our growing company.
• Have fun in a fast-paced environment!
• People – hiring, training and managing labor so we are staffed appropriately, serving our guests with the highest quality service and managing labor to meet budget plans.
• Place - ensure we are presenting our studio in a clean, organized and inviting fashion both inside and outside.
• Product – representing our wines and brand, making sure we execute in a timely, high quality and consistent basis while continuing to be as creative as we can to maintain our competitive advantage.
• Procedures/Policies – implementing procedures and policies that allow us to be efficient, productive and profitable.
• Minimum 2 years as a manager in a Tasting Room or Hospitality role.
• Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking.
• Strong communication skills
• Business proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and POS systems
• Must be dependable, reliable and motivated.
• Able to work up to ten hour-plus seasonal shifts, plus the ability to stand for extended periods.
• Must be able to work closing shifts, evenings and weekends as needed.
• Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• The candidate will also have good tenure and stability.
• Please provide 3 professional references.
Benefits: This position offers a strong salary base plus great bonus structure. Full benefits package.