Trefethen Family Vineyards is a family-owned estate vineyard and winery in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For more than 50 years, we have been crafting world-class wines with our own estate-grown grapes. Our historic winery, originally built in 1886, is the centerpiece of our estate and the focal point for the many visitors we receive each year. We also offer elevated guest experiences in the Villa, a former Trefethen family home, where we will launch a full culinary program this fall, including daily food and wine pairings.
We are currently looking for an experienced Events Manager to handle the planning and execution of all of our on-site events. These events range from internal meetings and small lunches and dinners for wine trade guests to larger parties including 100+ guests. This newly created position will report to the Director of Retail and Hospitality and work closely with our Winery Chef. The Events Manager will have the support of our full-time and on-call hospitality staff. The goal for all of our events is to provide gracious hospitality and create memorable experiences that elevate the impression of our wines and our brand.
The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, organized individual with great attention to detail and a passion for planning and executing high-end events. We need someone that can think big – and create innovative programs – but also be willing to get their hands dirty.
This full-time position includes benefits such as participation in our 401k plan with employer match, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, employee wine allocations, and more.
• All aspects of event planning including budgets, timelines, staffing, rentals, signage, floorplans and internal communication.
• Provide warm, engaging and professional customer service.
• Train hospitality staff on proper service and the stories behind Trefethen Family Vineyards and our wines.
• Execute events including coordination with Winery Chef, managing a team of hospitality staff and personally providing exceptional service.
• Ensure public safety at all events through responsible alcohol service and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Perform administrative tasks such as billing, payroll for on-call staff, maintaining events database and calendar, updating essential documents, etc.
• Monitor and replenish inventories of all event supplies and equipment.
• Assist Director of Retail & Hospitality and others with special hospitality projects.
• Attend local networking events and represent Trefethen at off-site functions when necessary.
• 3 or more years of experience in hospitality and event positions
• Experience serving and selling luxury wine
• Familiarity with winery systems such as Wine Direct, Cellar Pass, etc.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak clearly and concisely in a friendly and professional manner
• Extreme attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through
• Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Proficient skills in operating a computer and all types of standard office equipment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Google Suite required
• Must be available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
To apply, send us a resume.
Via email: email@example.com
Via mail: Trefethen Family Vineyards
PO Box 2460
Napa, CA 94558
Or drop off: 1160 Oak Knoll Avenue
Napa, CA 94558
No phone calls or recruiters please.