Wedding and Events Planner
The most important aspect of the Wedding and Events Coordinator’s job is to sell Burntshirt’s events venues to customers.
The Wedding and Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all aspects of venue events, to include weddings, private, corporate events and much more. This position will also be responsible for coordinating marketing events, weddings, working closely with other departments/venues within the organization to ensure events run timely and smoothly.
• Sell, plan, and produce events and manage all of the delivery elements on deadline.
• Discuss with clients to find out what their expectations are and how to meet them.
• Research the market and negotiate contracts with providers and other partners.
• Offer constant feedback to clients.
• Come up with original, imaginative ideas for the events and implement them.
• Stay proactive and find solutions (not obstacles) to any issues that might arise on the day of the event.
• Work together with Burntshirt team to devise strategic event packages that can be marketed.
• Interpersonal Skills: Must be a good communicator, who has a problem-solving attitude, as well as the ability to compromise.
• Organization Skills:
• Negotiation Skills: Acquire knowledge of Burntshirt’s costs and capabilities; Learn our Owners’ expectations; Know what is important to the customer; Blend these elements together to produce a “win-win” situation.
• Management Skills: Plan, coordinate, and control events; Able to visualize and facilitate the successful completion of events.
• Supports Management in day to day operations.
• Assists Wine Club Manager with coordination of planned events (from large to small gatherings) This includes working with internal and external customers, food and wine service, staffing, rentals, décor as well as set up and break down at event.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Knowledge and understanding of food and beverage laws.
• Marketing and promoting various events including but not limited to social media outlets, tasting room offsite events and attending various meetings.
• Proven expertise with use of Social Media.
• Ability to make presentations.
Weddings and Events Planner
Qualifications and Training:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in events from conception to completion
• Minimum 1 years’ marketing
• Ability to create accurate P/L statements for each event.
• Experience in the wine and/or wedding industry preferred
• Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making problem solving
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them; strong attention to detail
• Team oriented.
• Strong logistical planning skills
• Exceptional and persuasive written and oral communication skills
• Forward thinking and proactive.
• Maintains a positive approach with a can-do attitude; Focus on what we can do, not what we can’t do. Results oriented.