ABOUT EPIC WINES & SPIRITS:
Epic Wines & Spirits imports and distributes wines, spirits and beer worth drinking. The Company is guided by a simple prevailing goal: Recognize products that will be cutting-edge tomorrow while paying attention to the needs of our customers and their clients today. The brands of Epic Wines & Spirits are unique and important to both knowledgeable and emerging wine, beer and spirits consumers. Each product featured in the Epic portfolio has been specifically selected for its quality, innovation and respect for tradition. The people of Epic Wines & Spirits are industry professionals who have extensive backgrounds in premium wine, beer and spirits sales and distribution. Their knowledge of and passion for our products, combined with a commitment to customer service, have enabled Epic Wines & Spirits to build lasting relationships with a sophisticated and demanding customer base.
Provide leadership and direction to achieve established goals and sales objectives through field sales team.
• Planning – Area Managers are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned sales team to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
• Coordinating and monitoring the activities of sales representatives, brand development specialists and Strategic Account Specialists.
• Working in the field with sales team a minimum of four full days a week.
• Analyzing program execution and plans work-with schedule based upon needs.
• Utilizing available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
Supervising – Area Managers are expected to skillfully direct assigned sales team as necessary to ensure the achievement of company sales objectives by:
• Providing leadership and direction to ensure sales rep accountability: o Dollar volume achievement
• Focus brand achievement
• Distribution standards * Conveying knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
• Having extensive knowledge of the brands and knowing in-depth features and benefits of each compared to the competition and conveying that information to their sales team.
• Conducting field training of new and current sales representatives, Strategic Account Specialists in accordance with the company’s training program.
• Correcting specific sales team performance deficiencies through individual counseling, training and/or motivating actions.
• Developing and maintaining control books for each direct report.
• Conducting meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned sales team.
• Following and demanding that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sale of alcohol beverage products.
Organizing – Area Managers are expected to organize the structure and utilization of sales representatives in assigned areas and ensure that all sales representative positions and territories are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives by:
• Attracting, developing and thus retaining sales team.
• Coordinating and monitoring the schedules of their sales team to concentrate on in-field activities.
• Ensuring that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
Communicating – Area Managers are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the Regional Director / VP Sales Managers by:
• Monitoring pricing and programming within respective area of responsibility. Effective company margin management.
• Submitting required or requested reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
• Maintaining reliable and up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
• Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
• Establishing and maintaining productive supplier and customer relationships.
• Providing continuity with the customer.
• Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
1. Sales Function (Diver): Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
2. Sales Tasks & Activities Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
3. Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
• 3 to 5 years of management experience in the beverage alcohol industry
• bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
• excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills
• proven track record of successful sales and management skills
• Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
• ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
• must possess valid California State drivers license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record
• the ability to train and develop sales representatives
Epic Wines & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer