Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Compensation/HRIS functions with work including completion of salary surveys, analysis of compensation data and assisting with compensation program administration. Additionally, this position will be responsible for HR table maintenance in a shared Payroll/HRIS system, ad-hoc reporting from the system as needed for management analysis, assisting other HR staff with more complex data requests, and will assist with testing and implementation of automated systems for Employee Self-Serve, Manager Self-Serve, and additional system automation.
• Participates in selected salary surveys with responsibility for accurate and timely completion/submission
• Assist with the analyses of survey and market data to maintain internal salary equity and evaluate external market competitiveness of the company compensation programs to other industry related companies.
• Supports the administration of base and incentive programs for over 1,700 employees, prepares documents and files to ensure successful administration of annual increase and incentive programs for all employees
• Assists with maintenance of all compensation-related databases and systems including employee and survey data in web-based Compensation Tool for analysis and reporting
• Assists in review of new and existing positions to evaluate the appropriate grade, pay level, FLSA designation and EEO classification.
• Maintains current knowledge of legislation and current market trends that impact compensation programs relative to the wine industry.
• Completes required quarterly/annual compliance reports (EDD, EEO); completes company org charts
• Provides support in the development and maintenance of HRIS reports
• Maintains job codes and compensation related tables in HRIS system
• Develops self as expert user; follows procedures to ensure integrity and consistency of system data making suggestions for improvements; trains staff members as needed on system and provides on-going support to users
• Develops reports and spreadsheets and performs mass data updates, imports and exports of data as needed
• Assists Director with implementation of system automation projects (Employee Self-Serve, Manager Self-Serve, Annual Compensation Increase/Bonus Planning Tool)
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years HRIS experience or equivalent education
• Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint)
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills (exports, pivot tables, look-ups, etc.)
• Strong technical HRIS database and report writing skills (table changes and maintenance, ad-hoc reporting); UltiPro HRIS and Cognos experience is a plus
• Certified Compensation Professional coursework or CCP designation desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong problem solving, analytical and forecasting skills to effectively evaluate data
• Detail oriented with proven follow-up skills on outstanding issues and assigned objectives
• Self motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable to change; comfortable in a fast-paced environment