The Event Coordinator position requires an efficient, motivated, organized, and energetic candidate with great attention to detail and follow through. A successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Event Manager with selling, strategizing, planning and coordination all aspects of private events, winery events/dinners, and meeting functions held within Eberle winery. This position requires hands-on execution of setting up an event from to set up to breakdown and managing event staff. Come join a fun team and work alongside with Gary Eberle, The Godfather of the Paso Robles Wine Region!
- Assist EM with marketing strategies and plans for all events
- Assist the EM with the creation of promotional actives, display materials, flyers and advertisements
- Develops and maintains relationships with Event Planners, corporate clients, and existing clients
- Assists the EM in designing and creating new event concepts
- Supports the Wine Club Manager in planning and executing club events
- Along with the EM the EC communicates with the tasting room sales team on upcoming events, from seats remaining to menu details, etc. This ensures proper info for TR sales associates.
- Assists the EM in budgeting and analyzing for greater efficiency
- Coordinates use of event space with clients
- Coordinates all on-site events including preparation of event checklists, staffing plans, event organization and implementation.
- Secures up-to-date licensing of all caterers and vendors
- Manages events supplies and support services
- Coordinates staffing along with Event Manager
- Trains, guides and supervises event staff
- Assists in operating AV-system and other equipment
- Supports setup and breakdown of events hands-on
- Maintains inventory in kitchen and Wild Boar Room
- Must be able to work with a team atmosphere
- Experience in the wine industry with a focus on wine sales and customer service
- A sincere passion and enthusiasm for building customer and vendor relationships
- Possession of the highest ethical standards and leadership skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Practical experience working with POS systems, MS Office Suite and design software
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms, such as Mailchimp, as well as creative graphic arts programs
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Ideal candidate will possess good computer software knowledge, strong verbal and written communication skills, experience with a variety of communication tools (including printed material, websites, social media, etc.), the ability to organize and host all types of events/dinners, good wine knowledge, and a passion for sharing the wine lifestyle with a diverse customer base.
Flexible scheduling required. Evenings and weekends required for many events, dinners and special occasions. Above market wage along with incentive and bonus pay when achieved. Excellent medical/dental benefits offered, as well as participation and match in a Simple Ira.