If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEDKA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
This position is responsible for driving the support of Constellation Brands Wine and Spirits distributor/broker strategies, contracts and programs. This includes focusing on the achievement of revenue targets, maximizing profits, channel selection, customer segmentation, increasing local market share, defining the channel value proposition, and improving customer loyalty.
Distributor/Broker Negotiations and Contract Management
* Manage the development of executive level presentations for 'top-to-top' meetings between CBI and our distributor/broker partners
* Identify key terms for negotiation and create a storyline/pitch supporting the term adjustments
* Oversee, analyze and recommend economic models that assess alternative term adjustments to determine the cost/benefit to support negotiations with new broker/distributors and refinements to existing agreements
* Track and manage performance on key contract terms (e.g., quotas, headcount/org design, termination clauses)
* Develop strategic & analytical frameworks to solve critical business issues in collaboration with key Strategy members; Lead cross-functional project teams to address both broad-based strategic questions and tactical executional obstacles. Develop business case for multi-million-dollar national distributor incentives to drive distributor focus on CBI's strategic priorities
Distribution Network Design
* Plan and execute the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers to the problem; Effectively assess business issues to identify project specific information needs/gaps; Ensure the delivery of timely, zero-defect execution of analysis to understand growth opportunities and key trade-offs. Oversee analysis and recommended direction to the Sales Strategy team on any route-to-market design initiatives
Commercial operations & capabilities development
* Research and recommend on all aspects of an organization's commercial operating models and initiatives
* Develop sales strategies to maximize revenue and meet sales goals
* Train sales teams on contract terms, incentives, distributor contract management etc.
* Manage the Distributor Strategy intern(s) / Analyst(s) in the delivery of all responsibilities
* Train and manage support teams outside of Distributor Strategy in the execution of specific Distributor Strategy workstreams
* Set performance direction and ensure continued open dialogue concerning performance
* Network and identify outside talent for potential opportunities within CBI
VP of Commercial Planning and Operations, Director Distributor Strategy, Sales SVPs & GMs, Brand Directors, Director of Commercial Planning, Director of Sales Operations, Sales Operations Manager, Sales Enablement
* MBA / Master of Finance or Economics degree desired
* Successful navigator in matrix organization.
* Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Business systems internal and external data sources and tools
* Analytical problem-solving skills
* Selling skills
* Negotiation skills
* Presentation building skills
* Influencing Others
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates an organizational savvy to get things done
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
+ Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
+ Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
+ Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
+ Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
+ Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
San Francisco, California
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).