Full Time Winery and Facilities Maintenance Mechanic – Walla Walla Wine Services
Walla Walla Wine Services is a state-of-the-art premium, full-service winemaking facility. We are a small team of skilled and passionate people dedicated to producing wines at the highest level and we are looking for a Winery and Facilities Maintenance Mechanic to join us.
• Plan and perform preventative maintenance and repair on the following:
o Cellar equipment; hoses, pumps, heaters, chillers, tanks, etc.
o Electrical equipment; power cords, power drops, light fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring
o Mechanical equipment; forklifts and company vehicles
o Harvest equipment: sorting lines, must pumps, destemmers and scales, including rebuilding drives and replacing worn parts
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the breakdown and correct the problem
• Coordinate with outside contractors as required
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
• Order and maintain supply of back up parts for equipment including power plugs, valves, solenoid valves, tank control boxes and fittings, etc.
• Operate power hand tools, forklifts and other specialized electrical equipment
• Provide support to company by picking up supplies from vendors in general area and working on miscellaneous projects as needed
• Assist in other winery/harvest activities, including but not limited to the following:
o Deliver bins to vineyards
o Haul fruit back from vineyards
o Various fruit processing tasks, bottling tasks, cellar projects, etc.
• Hard-working, independent and self-motivated, with a positive, attitude
• Highly efficient with use of his/her time, with an ability to prioritize effectively to meet production goals
• Take pride and receive satisfaction in high quality output
• Perform well in a team environment and contributes to a positive winery atmosphere
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A minimum of 5 year’s previous experience in facilities maintenance
• Previous winery/cellar experience preferred
• Ability to manage changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, seasonal night duties, and periodic overtime.
• Ability to drive a forklift
• Allen Bradley Certified preferred
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Physical fitness with the ability to lift and carry up to 50lb
This full-time position often requires an excess of 40 hours per week with irregular shifts, overtime and weekend work during peak times, harvest, and bottling.
Compensation range of $55,000- $65,000 depending on experience. Full benefits package included.
Please attach your resume and brief cover letter to your application.