Established by French Champagne house Moet & Chandon, and a part of the LVMH Moet Hennessy- Louis Vuitton group, Domaine Chandon is the brand home for Napa’s Favorite sparkling wine. Find with us a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the business and learn more about the world of sparkling wine while working with our Maintenance team.
The mision for this talented idividual would be to impliment facility maintenance services for Domaine Chadnon and our sister winery, Newton Vineyard, in accordance with our preventative maintenance, aesthetics and safety programs.
• Maintains functional knowledge of all production equipment operation.
• Responsible for performing production line changeovers and adjustments in a timely manner.
• Understands and can troubleshoot electrical schematics, PLC programming and electrical controls.
• Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) on all production equipment as directed by work orders.
• Responsible for disassembling machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Conducts testing on repaired machinery to verify adequacy of repairs.
• Responsible for examination of parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Complies with all safety requirements, company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements to maintain a safe working environment.
• Conduct plumbing, lighting and electrical repairs as needed.
• Responsible for performing carpentry work as needed.
• Conduct maintenance and repair of facility HVAC equipment.
• Perform general building maintenance such as painting and basic repairs.
• Create drawings and material lists for projects.
• Responsible for performing basic welding to repair equipment and appliances as needed.
• Responsible for testing and maintaining process wastewater and fresh water systems.
• Responsible for maintaining chemicals in approved containers, report any spills and clean up if approved.
• Highschool or GED required.
• Must have valid California Driver's License
Professional experience and know how:
• 3 to 5 years in Wine, Food or Soft Drink manufacturing maintenance skills
• Experience in electrical, plumbing, welding and general building maintenance.
Technical & Management skills:
• Electrical and mechanical skills
• PLC programming
• Read and understand schematics
• General machine shop skills
Personal & Interpersonal skills:
• Ability to work as a team leader on some projects and as team member on others
• Must be self-motivated and able to recognize items that need improvement.
• Demonstrate commitment and responsibility.
• Demonstrate good communication skills.
• Ability to adopt to quick changes in work flow.
• Ability to work flexible schedule.