Winebow, a prestigious importer and distributor of premium wine and craft spirit products from around the world, seeks a Territory Manager for our Leonardo LoCascio Selections (LLS) Portfolio which imports wines from Italy. Role is to promote the use of Winebow Imports Portfolio throughout the assigned market.
1.Managing and achieving sales and distribution goals throughout assigned territory with our distributors.
2. Devoting majority of time to sales activities: working with distributor sales reps and Key Acct Mgrs.
3. Ensuring new distribution within a set targeted account base on premise and with independent fine wine retail accounts.
4. Working independently in the market building on already established account relationships while creating new ones both on and off premise.
5. Identifying competitive activity and market needs to better service our customers.
6. Working several nights per week and some weekends visiting on premise accounts to make presentations and placements.
7. Providing the Regional Manager with updates on sales accomplishments and activities.
8. Creating and reviewing distributor program results and suggesting corrective actions to the Regional Manager.
9. Conducting wine education seminars and tastings of the portfolio for distributor sales forces and members of the trade.
10. Managing detail of supplier visits in the market and recapping these visits in a timely manner.
11. Using Diver application to review account sales and distribution activity insuring Performance to Goal.
12. Interacting on a professional basis with wholesalers and LLS team members within defined area of responsibilities.
13. Participating in and completing the mandated annual education requirements provided by Winebow's education department.
Successful candidates will have:
1. Five plus years experience working as a salesperson/manager for a wholesale distributor or a Supplier covering the state of NY working with an Italian Portfolio.
2. Superior knowledge of on and off premise accounts in NY.
3. Above average computer skills to include Microsoft Office and DI Diver application as well as other applicable computer programs.
4. Strong writing/communication skills and ability to complete administrative requirements in a timely manner.
5. Exceptional organization skills to coordinate supplier/brand manager market visits, brand blitzes and events that are vehicles for high-end fine wine sales.
6. Ability to travel to sales meetings and abroad as required.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of your manager, distributors and customers inclusive of some nights and weekends.
8. Ability to spend 90% of time on the road devoted to the company sales efforts.
9. Ability to organize and timely manage the distribution of company point of sale, marketing and PR materials.
10. Adaptability to change focus as needed depending on senior management direction.
11. Familiarity with social media tools and their applications to selling fine wine
Lifting up to 35 lbs., bending, sitting, carrying, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, driving.