Acumen is an established luxury wine brand featuring a custom designed tasting room on 1st street in downtown Napa. Our prized 116 organically farmed acres on Atlas Peak are the heart and soul of our Cabernet and Bordeaux style blends. Acumen wines marry the very best of the Old and New World styles.
We are looking to welcome a part time Tasting Room Host to join the team.
The ideal candidate will possess previous hospitality experience and has the ability to engage with the general public. This person must be friendly, articulate and professional while exhibiting a strong commitment to high-level customer service. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will possess a positive, and outgoing demeanor; as they will be first impression of the Acumen brand to guests walking in. Weekends and some holidays are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a positive and friendly demeanor
• Greet guests upon entry, assist with booking and handling appointments
• Answer incoming phone calls and answer guest’s questions
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history
• Operate cash registers / POS System
• Assist with events
• Assist and maintain stock of clean wine glasses and other service ware
• In-house laundering of linen
• Buffing glasses
• Bussing tables
• General support duties as requested
• Perform other duties assigned by Tasting Room Manager
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Organized, Self-motivated and hardworking
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs.) on a repeated basis.
• Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
• Computer skills - Intermediate Proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Agree to a background check
• Prior reservation system experience; Vin65 preferred
• Knowledge of the Napa Valley and its wine and hospitality industry