This position is based out of Jackson Family Wines' Gold LEED certified distribution center in American Canyon. Our expansive 650,000 square foot temperature-controlled warehouse can house up to five million cases of wine, is equipped with 28 truck docks, and 14 rail docks adjacent to our own private rail spur. The site is home to our logistics and distribution team, a cohesive unit comprised of Customer Service and Inventory Control staff.
Under general supervision of the Customer Service & Operations Manager, the Customer Support Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Customer Service department in a coverage capacity, coordinating purchase order fulfillment for a set of Jackson Family Fine Wines' wholesale customers, and acting as the primary contact for all shipping claims, product returns, invoice adjustments, and distributor transfers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to other duties as assigned by the customer service supervisor, the primary duties of the role are as follows:
Customer Support (40%)
• Manage the Customer Support e-mail inbox where all claims, returns, adjustments, and transfers are routed for handling. Present resolutions to Accounts Receivable/Customer Financial Services Team.
• Customer Claims: Initiate and administer claims investigation from start to completion, working cross-functionally with inventory, warehouse team, carriers, and customers to determine any discrepancies.
• Returns: Coordinate authorized product returns with wholesalers and carriers. Arrange pickup and delivery of product to NCDC. Process return orders and present credit to Accounts Receivable/Customer Financial Services Team.
• Issue invoice adjustments as approved by the pricing and Customer Financial Services team.
• Distributor Transfers: Process completed distributor transfer requests as submitted by sales team. Review documentation to confirm accuracy and completeness prior to processing.
3-tier Order Fulfillment and Customer Service (40%)
• Act as main point of contact for assigned group of wholesale distributors, receiving purchase orders and correspondence from purchasing teams via e-mail and EDI.
• Accurately enter orders into JD Edwards, prioritizing by requested shipment date.
• Communicate cross-functionally with production, sales, marketing, finance, and legal departments to resolve sales order exceptions.
• Issue order confirmations and obtain customer approval to release orders for shipment.
• Coordinate with warehouse staff, freight forwarders, Fed-Ex, and/or local truckers to ensure timely pickup of all orders.
Coverage for Sample Order Processing and Customer Service (20%)
• Compile daily sample order request forms received via e-mail, prioritizing by expected delivery date and shipment method.
• Accurately enter sample order requests into JD Edwards.
• Identify order exceptions related to compliance or inventory availability and work with requestors to resolve exceptions in a timely manner.
• Print and organize order pick slips for each days' orders and hand off to the Samples Inventory and Handling Team.
• Communicates all special packing and shipping instructions with the Samples Inventory and Handling Team as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
• A passion for helping others
• A team-oriented approach to achieving goals
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Strong data entry, number recognition and math skills are required
• Excellent computer aptitude including 10-key by touch, experience with MS Excel, Outlook, and ERP software, preferably JD Edwards.
• Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills are required.
• A Bachelor's or Associate's degree are preferred.
Must be able to sit or stand in one place for long periods of time. Must be able to perform extensive data entry. Must be able to perform visual inspection of printed and written materials consistently. Must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds as need arises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with diverse personalities within the organization. Must be a team player who can act independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to perform duties in a normal office work environment that consists of moderate noise such as computers, printers and phone conversations between other employees and customers. Must adhere to safety standards while traveling through the warehouse, including wearing closed toed shoes, high visibility vest and other PPE as needed.