Under the direction of the Tasting Room Management Team, the Full Time Tasting Room Wine Ambassador delivers outstanding wine country experiences to our guests. The selected candidate will provide a fun and educational wine tasting experience, contribute to the achievement of sales goals, conduct tours and classes for the public, assist management with special projects and ensure that brand messaging is being accurately communicated and proper procedure followed by Tasting Room Associates. This is a great opportunity for an individual contributor who is looking for career growth and additional responsibility within the hospitality, food and beverage and/or retail industries. This is a full-time position with benefits. Evening and weekend availability is essential for this role.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
• Previous experience working in a tasting room, a retail environment or the food and beverage industry, required
• Exceptional demonstrated sales background
• Wine knowledge desired; interest in learning about wine is a must
• Exceptional verbal & written communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear & engaging way
• Previous experience training and motivating other employees while building relationships, is strongly desired
• A true love of hospitality with the ability to create exceptional guest experiences
• Positive attitude, a natural team player with a self-motivated approach accomplishing tasks and goals
• Previous experience operating a Point of Sale (POS) system, desired.
• Available to work evenings, weekends & holidays, be at least 21 years of age & possess a valid driver’s license
Located just east of San Francisco in the historic Livermore Valley, Wente Family Estates is home to one of California’s premier wine country destinations, featuring wine tasting, world class concerts, fine dining at the award-winning Restaurant at Wente Vineyards, and championship golf at the Greg Norman designed Course at Wente Vineyards. A dynamic company dedicated to the art of winemaking, Wente Family Estates shares the philosophy that the quality of a wine originates in the vineyard. For 135 years, we have built a reputation of hiring the best in the wine industry. The willingness to innovate and experiment has been a hallmark of the Wente family operations.
We look for employees who share our enthusiasm and who are passionate about contributing to the Wente Family Estates legacy. Whether you are a seasoned professional, looking for a part-time job, or looking for advancement opportunities, Wente Family Estates offers many exciting opportunities.
• A fun atmosphere that is serious about quality, wine, and outstanding wine country experiences
• Discounts on food, wine and golf
• Competitive wages
• Opportunities for advancement
• Wine education
• Hospitality education
• Quality training for optimal performance growth
Benefits for Full time positions include:
• Medical and Dental for employee and dependents
• 401(k) plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays