Our wine and spirits distribution company’s leadership team is looking for a motivated, results driven Sales Manager to direct and facilitate an experienced team of 20 sales representatives in Wisconsin. They will have deep knowledge of, and experience in the wholesale wine and spirits industry, will be self motivated and exceptionally organized.
The sales manager will be an integral part of the sales management team, working closely with brand managers to set and track goals for sales representatives who are based in all quadrants of the state. The sales manager will help the salespeople succeed by providing them with guidance, training, objective setting and coaching.
The sales manager will be required to travel regularly to all markets in the state, working with sales reps and maintaining high visibility in keys accounts. They will be skilled in making sales presentations and be able to coach individuals on how to provide the ultimate customer experience.
• Communicates and monitors company objectives through staffing, training, and performance evaluations
• Supervises regular activities of the sales team through constant communication, inspection, and ride-withs
• Creates a healthy, highly competitive sales team environment with determination to achieve sales objectives
• Identifies and opens accounts in all markets that are not currently being served
• Monitors the utilization and effectiveness of point-of-sale in the market according to company standards
• Conducts market surveys with and without sales representative to measure account-by-account performance
• Provides coverage in territories when sales representatives are on leave or vacation
Three or more years of management experience
Well organized and self motivated
Fine wine and spirits knowledge desired
Excellent verbal and communication skills
Extensive use of, and comfort with technology
Company employees are aware of this posting