The QC Technician I or II is responsible for setting up and sanitizing hoses and pumps, sending wine to the bottling lines and pushing wine back to the cellar tanks. This position is also responsible for all other QC activities listed below at the Hopland bottling facility. A strong work ethic and an acute attention to detail are critical for success in this position. Each member of the Quality team is expected to be a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Safety is of utmost importance and safety policies must be followed at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sanitation of all winery equipment and tanks
• Operate pumps to send and push back wine.
• Assist in creation and posting of Bottling Line Spec. Sheet/Work Instructions
• Investigate bottling and material issues and write Incident Reports.
• Place and write hold records for non-conforming materials and finished goods.
• Have a full understanding of and perform routinely scheduled packaging line audits
• Inspect incoming packaging supplies for compliance with specifications
• Assist in testing of new materials and providing recommendations to management
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• A strong level of organizational skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Must be capable of working independently while managing multiple tasks at once
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Knowledge of wine production/cellar work
• Minimum of two years related work experience within a winery preferred, packaged goods, cellar, or manufacturing environment.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Proficient with suite of Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a dynamic environment
• Must be a self-starter with ability to complete activities with minimal direction
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management and other departments within the winery as well as outside agencies/vendors.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good observation and analytical skills
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
• Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Work environment may include cold/hot temperatures, wet surfaces etc.
• Proper PPE must be worn at all times
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.