Basic Purpose: To assist management with daily vineyard operations of a large vineyard management company located in Paicines, California, under the direction of the Assistant Vineyard Manager and Vineyard Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Assist Overseeing and directing tractor drivers, fungicide and herbicide spraying program.
2) Educate employees on proper operating and maintenance proce¬dures of the irrigation system specific to the drip irrigation system. This will include operation of the drip system infrastructure, chemical and fertilizer injection, soil amendment injection.
3) Interact with Ranch and Labor departments to ensure that vineyard activities are coordinated with other operations.
4) Working foreman, which includes driving tractor and or harvester as needed.
5) Other assignments as may be given by Senior Management.
This position reports to the Assistant Vineyard Manager; working rela¬tionships exist with the Shop mechanic, and other ranch depart¬ments. There should also be daily interfacing with all ranch personnel as required. There should also be daily interfacing with other staff positions as required and the Payroll Manager.
Position Specifications: 1 years of practical experience with demonstrated leadership skills within a farming operation with heavy emphasis equipment. Must be able to drive tractor. Fluency in English and Span¬ish is mandatory. An ability to organize and schedule employees' work and motivate subordinates is a requirement. Good communication skills. Requires clean driving record and valid driver's license.