Trefethen Family Vineyards
We are a family-owned estate vineyard and winery in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For more than 50 years, we have been crafting world-class wines with our own estate-grown grapes. Our historic winery, originally built in 1886 and re-opened in the spring of 2017 after a full restoration, is the centerpiece of our estate and the focal point for the many visitors we receive each year.
Position Overview – Visitor Center Supervisor
Under the direction of the Director of Retail & Hospitality, the Visitor Center Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the winery Visitor Center. This position is responsible for facilitating the sales programs, opening and closing of the Visitor Center, supervising employees, participating in tastings and hospitality programs, and executing policies and procedures set forth by management. Such efforts are focused on providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade guests, attaining monthly sales goals and contributing to a rewarding and positive work environment for VC staff. This full-time position includes benefits such as participation in our 401k plan with employer match, medical/dental/vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, employee wine allocations, and more.
• Ensures that every visitor enjoys their experience and leaves with a very high impression of our winery and our wines.
• In conjunction with our other VC Supervisor, coordinates staff scheduling including regularly scheduled shifts, approved absences, emergency situations and special events.
• Coordinates staff lunches and breaks.
• Submits weekly records of time worked by VC employees for payroll purposes.
• Oversees daily staff in the Visitor Center to ensure proper hospitality and service is provided to all customers and that company procedures are employed.
• Manages and trains VC staff including continuing education and scheduling Trefethen University sessions.
• Ensures that cash accounting is correct and complete at end of business day.
• Possesses commanding knowledge of POS system, including opening and closing procedures and all sales transactions.
• Creates, or coordinates the creation of periodic sales reports reflecting progress towards monthly goals.
• Works on Visitor Center floor; serves as a Wine Educator, pouring wines and assisting in all aspects of consumer tours, tastings and hospitality.
• Maintains a commanding knowledge of our wines, vineyards, winemaking, history and sense of place.
• Coordinates and participates in special events that occur at the Visitor Center and the Winery.
• Works with the Director of Retail & Hospitality to ensure all aspects of brand message, communication, talking points, etc., are consistent and that all staff is updated with current wine and sales information.
• Monitors and facilitates merchandising in the Visitor Center, ensuring that wine and non-wine displays are effective, neat and attractive.
• Maintains current knowledge of legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers. Regularly educates staff on related subjects as well as assists with ensuring that all Visitor Center POS materials are current with legal parameters.
• Represents winery at off-site tastings at local B & B’s, hotels, non-profit events, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree in business/retail management, hospitality or wine marketing, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Five years or more of prior relevant retail Visitor Center and consumer direct sales experience required.
• Must have demonstrated sales ability and excellent organizational and customer service skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel desirable. Proficiency in Vin65/WineDirect required.
• The ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail is required.
• Must be capable of working independently and have the ability to take initiative and be self- directed. Versatility, flexibility, dependability and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Must be available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Sit and stand for long periods of time
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
To apply, send us a resume.
Trefethen Family Vineyards
PO Box 2460
Napa, CA 94558
Or drop off:
1160 Oak Knoll Avenue
Napa, CA 94558
No phone calls or recruiters please.