Under little or no supervision and acting on own initiative, the Brand Manager champions brands in the marketplace by developing and executing strategic and annual brand plans that enable Delicato Sales and Trade partners to meet distribution and depletion objectives. The Brand Manager will work closely with Sales, Strategic Insights, Finance, Operations and Winemaking to implement plans to meet Delicato & rsquo;s annual and long-term financial goals.
• Advocates for brands by serving as a key liaison between Sales, Finance, Legal, Marketing Services, Operations and Delicato Sr. Leadership
• Develops 5-year strategic brand vision and plans for long-term growth
• Owns and manages all aspects of the marketing mix including product positioning, packaging, POS development, promotion, tracking of pricing actions, and all trade and consumer communication
• Establishes and delivers fully integrated promotions and education materials that engage the consumer, distributors and retail partners
• Develops web, social and digital media strategies to stay abreast with changing consumer behavior that is growing in digital channels; executes dynamic campaigns that integrate with the overall brand communication strategies
• Monitors shipments, depletions, velocity and channel mix; administers responsive marketing strategies and tools to drive optimized results by selling channel
• Works closely with Supply Chain optimize forecasting based on accurate marketing and sales trends/plans
• Leads annual development of strategic brand plan by analyzing product, category, consumer, and market dynamics that ensure long-term brand growth
• Manages the recommendation of products and pricing utilizing data and insights
• Develops and executes brand budgets that support key brand strategies; adheres to prescribed brand budgets
• Creates and maintains brand standards and annual plans with clear brand positioning and execution guidelines
• In conjunction with Finance Team, evaluates Agency Brand P&Ls, price/volume/mix analyses, Annual Plan variances, and corporate finance issues impacting the balance sheet
• Acts as the creative force and the passionate brand ambassador to internal and external constituents
• Manages and channels brand activities in trade marketing, public relations, creative functions, and event management
• Manages and oversees line extensions and product launches
• Builds collaborative relationships with Sales, Finance, Winemaking, and Operations
• Manage timely and cost-effective strategic brand relationships with outside agency partners
• Partners with Trade Marketing to develop chain or regional specific programming to drive channel sales
• Develop and execute department administration projects and tasks as assigned by the VP Marketing or Marketing Directors
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
B.S. or B.A. required, MBA preferred. 4+ years marketing experience in the U.S. table wine industry and/or top tier CPG company. Wine industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, creative, and organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Seasoned management of all aspects of the marketing mix including pricing, promotion, packaging, products, channel, consumer, creative, as well as competitive analysis and consumer response
• Considerable knowledge of table wine styles and winemaking principles
• Ability to act as a brand leader to internal and external constituents given sufficient breath of industry knowledge and experience
• Impeccable written, verbal, and large group presentation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Familiarity with Nielsen and other data source reporting
• Comfort accessing and analyzing multiple data resources to monitor monthly sales trends and discover new business insights
• Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to take initiative
• High energy with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed
• A passion for wine and the industry
Certificates and Licenses
Office Environment. Some travel required including event activation.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.