Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs routine cellar and lab jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Grape receiving
• Must/ wine movements, pump overs, punch downs
• Cap management
• Barrel filling, emptying, topping, and racking
• Sanitation- tanks, barrels, presses, and equipment
• Other tasks as necessary
• Follow safety rules at all times and wear required personal protective equipment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California Driver’s License and clean DMV record required.
• Basic cellar skills; harvest experience a plus, but not necessary
• Good communication skills- written and verbal
• The ability to work in a team or independently
• Ability to work in various temperatures
• Ability to and willingness to work varying shifts
• Ability to perform the necessary physical labor
• Bilingual a plus, but not necessary
• Must be a team player
• Ability to lift up to 42lbs.
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.