Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: This position is designed to achieve maximum sales potential in selected chain accounts by meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals. This territory will include cities south of San Jose down to Carmel. The successful Chain Sales Representative will identify and respond to opportunities that build and enhance brand equity in the market in the long term, as well as maximize sales in the short term. This position must uphold the integrity of the company by following its guidelines and meeting its expectations, goals, and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with CA Sales and National Accounts team to develop relationships and build the business in unchartered territory.
• Work directly with liquor managers, wine stewards and store directors to maximize exposure of Duckhorn Portfolio wines in the individual stores.
• Ensure 100% compliance with authorized planners and promotions developed by the various chain headquarters.
• Perform sales support functions to include the use of current point of sale marketing materials and oversight of the shelf space in the specified accounts.
• Maintain continuous communication with the Chain Sales Manager regarding changes in buyer preferences, out of stock situations and retail changes.
• Introduce new products, reinforce established volume and display activity, ensure vintage rotation/shelf and cold box placement, and monitor in-store promotion results.
• Stay abreast of business/market conditions (to include building rapport with other vendors), recognize and promote new product and display opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records and administration.
• Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer (wine steward and other store staff) through knowledge of Duckhorn’s products and procedures.
• Participate in Duckhorn’s training/orientation designed to increase and improve your understanding of industry trends, develop product knowledge, and form sales skills in collaboration with the sales manager
• Work flexible hours which include early mornings, some evenings, and some weekends.
• Perform other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent related experience such as:
• Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience
• Wine/Industry Knowledge to include basic understanding of wine sales, wine varietals, and leading categories.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good math and computer skills
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state car registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to travel within the territory up to 80% of the time, defined as time out of office visiting accounts
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.