Dutcher Crossing Winery has a full time cellar position available.
The right person will work well within our small wine making team and contribute to the production of high quality wines. In this position you will be hands on in the entire wine making process, and be expected to work well within a team environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to preform many tasks while optimizing quality and efficiency.
The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, excellent time management skills and strong work ethic, as well as having the ability to build positive interpersonal and team relationships.
Join Dutcher Crossing Winery for harvest and gain valuable hands on experience from one of Dry Creek Valley's premier wineries.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General sanitation of winery and equipment
- Assist in receiving and processing fruit
- Inoculations and additions to juice and must
- Pumpovers and punchdowns
- Draining and shoveling tanks and bins
- Wine movements and treatments
- Barrel work including filling, racking, topping and empty barrel maintenance
- Forklift operation
- Following established safety regulations at all times
- Ability to speak, read and write English a must
- Valid Drivers license with a clean DMV record
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Previous cellar experience a plus
- Proficiency on a forklift a plus
- Lab experience a plus
Salary - DOE