This position is responsible for managing the Illinois market in order to continue to grow the Terlato Wines (TWI) portfolio of prestigious brands. The Region Manager directs and controls the execution of sales and consumer market development plans through key Distributor/Broker Principles and education and motivation of the Distributor/Broker sales force, to achieve optimum profitable sales volume. The incumbent must effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with wholesalers and brokers to drive sales performance through programming. A premium is placed on effective distributor management, leadership, managing people, and interaction with the Sales Leadership Team. This position is heavily focused on leading and providing education and hand selling of TWI’s select brands to key on/off premise accounts. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion and company culture.
• Manages portfolio/business within the state of Illinois.
• Responsible for all State Financials: Budgets, Depletions, Pricing, and Profit Analysis.
• Drives the decision process to meet nation wide objectives and business forecasts. Ensures entire division is operating functionally and profitably.
• Responsible for 80% focus on distributor management and 20% focus in field to work with District Manager Training & Development and account visits.
• Develops market plans and programming with Distributor Partners to ensure TWI goals are being met.
• Manages the execution of standards within the Distributor Partners, including holding the distributor accountable to meet goals and implement market plans effectively.
• Builds relationships with top key accounts.
• Manages two direct reports (District Managers) and provides training and development opportunities to them for their growth.
• Works closely with the National Chain Account Manager to ensure he/she is familiar with national on/off premise strategies and programs.
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Creativity: Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow the territory’s business.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Outstanding knowledge in high-quality specialty wine.
• 5-10 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Reports to Vice President of Sales, Central
Personal Skills and Qualities
• Strong business acumen and sales analysis
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-direct projects
• History of delivering high quality work on short deadlines
• Results oriented
• Competitive Urgency
• In control of the facts of one’s business
• Accountability and trust
• Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
• Effective in managing people and talent development
• Concise, articulate and productive communication style
• Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Passion for Work and Terlato Wines