TURNBULL, located in Oakville (the heart of the Napa Valley), is in search of a Wine Educator to join our team. This person should be passionate about wine, hospitality, and be in search of a role and organization to which they love coming to work every day. We are a privately owned and operated estate winery committed to producing world-class wines of a unique time and place while honoring the tradition of authentic winemaking and warm hospitality.
Essential Functions/ Duties:
• Greets visitors to the Tasting Room, pours wines for tasting, discusses wine and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines and our hospitality.
• Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, wine making techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
• Accurately processes routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and discounts.
• Participates in daily operations of setting up, maintaining and closing tasting rooms and guest and service areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Shows commitment to excellence and takes pride in work
• Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines and wine making processes
• Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills, poise and tact in working with the public.
• Is flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Can lift 40 pounds and stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules; some evenings required.