Jean Edwards Cellars
“you should only make wines you love to drink...”
Become a member of a small but dynamic team. We are a family-owned boutique premium winery and customer service is at the heart of everything we do. We are seeking a tasting room associate/wine educator to join our tasting room team (located at the Sonoma Plaza). This position would work 2-4 days per week - some weekends and some holidays.
The individual we are seeking should be passionate about wine, and enjoy engaging and communicating with customers. Previous hospitality, services or related sales experience is preferred.
The successful candidate would:
• Perform hospitality functions in the tasting room (greet guests, host tastings/wine education, etc.)
• Effectively suggest and sell wine.
• Promote wine club memberships.
• Assist with wine club orders (packing/shipping) in the Spring and Fall.
• Perform all opening and closing duties.
• Assist the tasting room manager with conducting a physical inventory of wine.
• As required, visits our warehouse (located on Eighth Street in Sonoma) to pick-up cases to replenish tasting room inventory.
• Assist with tasting room special events when scheduled.
• Attend/host local (Napa/Sonoma) out-of-tasting room tastings/events as the winery representative.
• Be a winery ambassador and establish relationships with other local wineries/tasting rooms.
• Maintain a clean and safe tasting room environment at all times.
• Perform various light housekeeping duties (examples: washing/polishing glasses; disposing of garbage, and maintaining a neat/clean working environment, etc).
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds on a repetitive basis. Be able to stand, move and walk for extended periods of time. May be required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
• Present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Be enthusiastic and passionate about selling wine and/or signing-up club memberships.
• Likes to be a member of a team; have fun; and possesses a good sense of humor, strong work ethic, and willing attitude.
• Have reliable transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Past experience working in a similar role preferred.
• DOE - we offer a competitive hourly salary plus a lucrative bonus for wine club sign-ups (and generous employee discounts too).