Cougar Crest is a family owned estate winery with 80 acres of vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley. Case production averages 12,000 cases. We have a well-equipped, modern winemaking facility with room to grow. This is a small business where the successful candidate enjoys being a jack of all trades and enjoys the variety of tasks that need to be done.
Working closely with the permanent production staff:
• Will learn proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment such as
o Pumps, valves, hoses, tanks, barrels, filters, wine press, and crush pad.
• Maintaining overall cleanliness of indoor and outdoor facilities.
• Will learn to manage fermentations
o Perform brix and temps of all fermentations
o Inoculations of yeast & ML bacteria
o Post Fermentation treatments and handling of finished wines
• Barrel preparation and hygiene will also be covered
• Safe use of all equipment
• Wine calculations and use
• Vineyard sampling
• Strong interpersonal skills with a “can do” attitude, and enjoys being part of a team, views work as an opportunity to learn.
• Must be meticulous about details but still understand the “big picture” of what needs to be done.
• Must be able to follow written instructions on work orders and make written notes if modified.
• Must be able to prioritize and organize tasks efficiently, and keep equipment and tools in their proper place.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, lift and or move 60 gallon empty oak wine barrels, stand for long periods of time, work in all weather types during crush, lift 3in hoses full of must, dig must out of tanks
• Be available during crush working long days with non-traditional hours.
• Be able to work on catwalks
• Must have own transportation
• Mechanical ability is a big plus
• Forklift Experience is very helpful
Compensation and wage based on experience.