OBJECTIVE: Estate Host is primarily responsible for serving wine, communicating our mission and exuding hospitality to a range of guests and members at Ashes & Diamonds. Candidates should have a passion for wine, interest in food, art and culture, and the ability to be hospitable and communicate clearly without pretense.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet all visitors to A&D, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensures that every visitor thoroughly enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
• Can accurately describes wines, wine making techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
• Handle purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Take the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participation in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
• Participate and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Represents winery at outside functions as required.
• Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
• Two years of experience in a winery or restaurant management position or equivalent education/work experience.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines; display appropriate sense of urgency.
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently, problem solve.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Strong attention to detail
• Valid California driver’s license
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• Consistent communication and coordination with hospitality team
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Stand on hard surface for extended periods
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to: pallet jacks; hand trucks, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
ALIGNED VALUES – Successful employees will share in our values: