The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
This position plays an integral role in arming the sales organization with the financial tools necessary to grow our business. The Regional Finance Manager will work closely with the Field Sales Organization (FSO) to hone pricing and promotion strategies, manage monthly financial reporting, assist in annual planning and evaluate on-going risks and opportunities. This position requires an entrepreneurial person with strong technical skills, strategic thinking and creativity.
* Partner with Executive Vice President division heads to deliver financial analysis on $300M regional portfolio
* Lead monthly meetings with Regional Vice Presidents to report performance on net revenue, price discounting and budgets
* Manage annual financial planning process at the regional level
* Use strong business acumen to evaluate risks and opportunities to the plan and make recommendations to senior leadership
* Perform pre- and post-program analysis to determine ROI
* Gain mastery of reporting tools including Nielsen, wholesaler invoice data, pricing structures and internal net revenue and profit reports to develop actionable insights
* Act as finance advocate for Popular brand portfolio
* Requirements - strong technical skills, business acumen and knowledge of financial concepts
* This job description reflects management's assessment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned.
* Excel - Expert
* Knowledge of database management tools
* 2-3 years of experience in CPG finance, alcohol industry preferred
* BA degree or equivalent experience required
* Strong analytical thinking
* Must have a proactive spirit and possess strong initiative
* Must be well organized with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and be flexible to changes in the wine industry
* Willing to travel and with overnight stays as needed
* Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment
* Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group's Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible & Trustworthy.
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description