Odette Estate, like PlumpJack and CADE Estate Wineries, was given its name from Shakespeare and other historical works. Odette is a fabled princess, a mistress and a judge – these three characters are meant to symbolize the wine produced on the estate, embodying the femininity, strength and power of the three ladies. You will find them hidden and in plain sight, with photos of them in the tasting room, artistically rendered statues on the south end of the property and across the label of Odette Estate Cabernet Sauvignon wine bottle.
Today, winemaker Jeff Owens and his winemaking team continue to produce awarding-winning cabernet sauvignons from the Stags Leap District estate vineyard that encapsulate the inspiration for the property – combining power and elegance, while simultaneously showcasing the unique properties of the AVA.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic team player who wants to learn about the process of making world class wines. This opportunity is perfect for any aspiring winemaker looking for practical experience as a member of a small winemaking team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All Harvest Activities including
• Press operation, pressing both red and white varietals.
• Monitoring fermentation (checking Brix and Temps)
• Yeast and nutrient additions
• Assist with sampling vineyards to determine ripeness
• Assist in general wine chemistry (Brix, TA, pH, Residual Sugar, VA, Malic Acid)
• Supervising and training temporary employees during harvest.
Cellar Work outside of Harvest include:
• Racking and blending of wine
• Topping barrels monthly, additions to barrels as needed
• General winery cleaning and sanitation.
• Forklift operation
• Bottling- working the bottling line 4 times a year, filling and labeling large format bottles, and packing large formats into wood boxes.
The ideal candidate must have a passion and dedication for making premium wine. This position involves working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, while having a strong ability to clean everything meticulously.
Candidates must be able to lift heavy objects (40+ lbs), stand, crawl, kneel, and climb for many hours. We are looking for a team player who will maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations, who works hard and is self-motivated, and is a lover of all things wine.