Renteria Vineyard Management
This position is responsible for collecting and providing technical viticultural information on all company managed vineyards, reporting directly to Viticulturist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and track all vineyards for:
o Pest and Disease presence and pressure
o Phenological Stages
o Irrigation and Water Status
o Crop Estimations and Yields
o Other viticultural and related subjects as needed
• Entering and report findings and data to the viticulture department and daily reports into AgCode.
• Collection and deployment of pest monitoring traps as needed.
• Data collection on various special projects such as; in-house research and trials, LWP’s, and GIS work.
• Conduct crop estimations at various phenological stages throughout the growing season. Reporting data and crop adjustments within AgCode.
• Daily collection of grape maturity samples as needed.
• Assist in collections of soil, water and plant tissue (leaves and blades) and virus samples as needed.
• Attend relevant viticulture seminars and continuing education to stay current on vineyard and industry issues.
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Currently enrolled in Ag Science or Viticulture coursework or program
• Moderate computer/technology skills.
• Must be highly organized and maintain accurate attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently for extended periods of time and remain on task.
• Must be able to work outside for extended lengths of time during periods of extreme weather.