We are now looking to hire a Full-Time and Part-Time Representatives for our Tasting Room and Ranch/Winery in Alexander Valley.
You will take part in a great commission program for retail sales and wine club.
Duties And Responsibilities: (include the following, but not limited to)
- Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room with enthusiasm
- Provide exceptional customer service for all customers
- Showcase our wines and cultivate loyal guests. This is measured by repeat visits, sales and wine club sign ups.
- Support the growth our wine club and direct to consumer sales
- Be a team player with enthusiastic outlook
- Handle routine sales transactions, including operating POS, accounting of daily sales, pours and samples.
- Prepare TR for open and to Close TR as well following Quivira procedures, including organizing, basic cleaning such as washing and polishing all glassware for Tasting Room
- A Self-Starter: The ability to get the job done, no matter what, in a mature, responsible, efficient, effective and gracious manner is a must.
- Develop your professionalism and knowledge about Quivira wines & story to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Educate guests on our wines, winemaking and organic vineyards.
- Provide a “Best in Class” experience, while pouring in accordance with Responsible Beverage Service Guidelines.
- Represent winery at outside functions as required
- We are looking for people who radiate warmth, have an upbeat attitude and are genuine.
- Kind and result oriented; people with a high EQ, common sense and ‘street smarts’.
- Empathetic, self-aware and driven to make a difference.
- Sales oriented. Strong sales experience and ability to sell various wine club memberships.
- Lead by example, always looking to improve personally and professionally, always able to be counted on to deliver the best possible results and are capable of working in a fast-paced and high performance culture.
- Possess especially good customer service and sales skills; hospitable, organized, detail oriented, good work ethics and a desire to do everything well.
- Internal compass for integrity, personal responsibility, honesty, and the ability to make good choices, amidst the chaos of an event, or when a customer isn’t happy with us.
- Customer focused and can help our team to be the best in the industry.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time and able to work weekends.
Hiring Guidelines for Wine Creek Cellars, Quivira and La Follette:
These are the characteristics of people who will thrive here:
1. People that naturally radiate authentic warmth and an upbeat attitude. Nice people, genuine and kind, people who like people and receive personal satisfaction from making guests happy. People with an “internal” service calling, who take pleasure in (and are emotionally rewarded) when being thoughtful to others. This distinguishes the technically trained ‘service providers’ from truly ‘hospitable’ people. It is the difference between ‘passion to serve’ and ‘trained to serve’, the difference between a gatekeeper (access controller) and an altruistic agent for our guests (a passion for helping people). This sets the tone for a heartwarming, thoroughly enjoyable emotionally satisfying experience for our guests as opposed to a visit to the gatekeeper at the boarding gate of many airports.
2. People who lead by example, with a high EQ (emotional intelligence), common sense and street smarts. Empathic, imbued with an awareness of how their behavior affects others, guests, co-workers, etc. Sincere people with good people skills, good hospitality instincts and intuition, talents and skills.
3. A good work ethic, the desire to do everything well, no short cuts, no slacking, an internal need to do their fair share of all of the responsibilities at work. Always striving for excellence and generous of spirit, with an understanding that we are all responsible for the circumstances in our lives. Continuously working to improve themselves and everything around them. Able to think on their feet. Able to stand in the middle of chaos without freaking out. The ability to ask for help and the willingness to help others without keeping score.
4. Self-aware, an accurate appraisal of their own strengths and weaknesses. Compassionate of the foibles of others and a ‘safe haven’ for others.
5. An internal need for integrity, personal responsibility, honesty, the ability to make good choices and the drive to do their fair share.
6. The desire to be a great teammate, an understanding of the win-win principle and the Law of Reciprocity.