Tired of pouring and selling wine? We've got whiskey! Looking to transition into a new, fun and exciting industry? Did we say we've got Whiskey?
Napa Valley Distillery is the first distillery in the city of Napa since Prohibition. We are pioneers of direct to guest craft-spirits tastings and sales in California and a leader in the cocktail culture of Napa Valley.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing person with exceptional work ethic and sales skills to join our guest services team. If you love hospitality and have a passion or interest in craft spirits, cocktails and distilling and want to learn more from the biggest spirits and cocktail geeks in town, we suggest you apply.
You'll work with a great team in a fun but focused environment while you conduct educational tours and tastings for our guests and sell our award-winning craft spirits and Bar-Club memberships at both locations in Napa, CA.
This is a FULL-TIME position for career minded individuals. We may consider a part-time or weekend only candidate. We offer an above average compensation plan with commissions, bonuses and lots of perks. Most importantly, you with work for a company that values the contributions of it's dedicated staff and provides plenty of room for growth.
• HAVE FUN and provide a unique and engaging experience for our guests that promotes and builds brand loyalty, spirits/products sales, Bar Club sign-ups and hospitality.
• Effectively and consistently educate and enroll guests in our Bar Club program.
• Conduct tours and pour tastings of our spirits and describe each product properly. (we'll show you how)
• Accurately and consistently process all sales transactions via an iPad based POS system which includes shipping orders, transactions and special product discounts.
• Thoroughly perform all tasting room opening and/or closing responsibilities which include but are not limited to stocking, folding, cleaning, sweeping and emptying per established protocols and processes.
• Answer phones and assist with inquiries to include tasting appointment scheduling.
• Assist in the stocking and organization of all merchandise on the retail floor
• Available to work weekends and most holidays
• 1+ years tasting room experience preferred, but not required.
• Strong sales experience and knowledge of spirits or cocktails preferred, but not required.
• Experience in a retail setting preferred, but not required.
• Strong customer service and hospitality acumen. 21+ years of age.
• Impeccable communication skills (written and oral)
• Technical proficiency with point of sales software and money handling
• Ability to multi-task (experience in a busy tasting room setting preferred)
• A good general knowledge & understanding of spirits, cocktails, cocktail ingredients and the spirits industry
• Familiarity with the Napa Valley and its tourist/hospitality attractions (restaurants, hotels, wineries, points of interest, etc.)
• Familiarity with basic food & cocktails
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment with a selfless commitment to the customer
• Self-starter with an ability to anticipate and pro-actively accomplish tasks
• Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. required