Performs all routine forklift driving activities in accordance with standard operating procedures and safety policies to ensure maximum productivity and efficiently and the high quality of all wines produced.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under limited supervision, operates a powered forklift to move half ton grape bins throughout production area.
• Off load full half ton grape bins from flatbed trucks, stack and stage for processing.
• Unloads half ton grape bins into processing equipment and onto grape bin sanitation equipment.
• Unload half ton bins off sanitation equipment, stack and stage.
• Load flatbed trucks with stacked sanitized bins for future production.
• Load half ton bins of grape pomace into trailers for proper transportation.
• Conducts forklift checklist, performs minor servicing and maintenance of powered lifts such as fueling, washing, greasing and the like.
• Basic reading, writing and numerical ability.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate reporting of all work related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions, wearing required personal protective equipment and following confined space protocol where necessary.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders.
• Forklift certification required, training to be conducted on site.
• Ability to work as a team with all winery employees.
• Ability to work flexible shifts including graveyard.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery can be cold, wet, slipper and noisy.
• Rotating shifts, including graveyard and long hours may be required during grape harvest.
• Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.