Wine Educators serve as the first point of contact for the majority of Duck Pond Cellars’ customers. They are ambassadors of the Duck Pond brand and are expected to embody the customer service ideals of Duck Pond Cellars.
Position Requirements Summary
Duck Pond Cellars is an extremely experience oriented and service-oriented establishment and exceptional customer service skills are an absolute necessity. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining premium customer service is key. A Wine Educator must not only have ample knowledge about wine, harvest and wine making methods, wine and food pairing, and other Willamette Valley wine knowledge, but must also be extremely high energy and detail oriented.
• Welcome every Duck Pond customer
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Gauge a customer promptly and respond by meeting their individual needs
• Educate customers regarding Duck Pond wine, our history and our facility
• Promote Duck Pond wine club to every customer
• Handle purchases using POS system and provide retail-related guidance to customers
• Conduct tastings for scheduled groups and have a working knowledge of Duck Pond’s facility.
• Conduct numerous other duties associated with a fast-paced environment
• Must be available most holiday weekends for winery events
• Previous retail sales experience required
• Previous wine industry experience and specifically Willamette Valley industry preferred
• High energy
• Detail oriented
• A valid drivers’ license and an acceptable driving record and the ability to reliably transport yourself to and from various work locations
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.