Position Summary: The Compliance Specialist position provides support in analyzing, compiling, and submitting state documentation consisting of licensing, brand registrations, and monthly reporting. It will require a strong understanding of states regulations as it pertains to wine compliance.
• Apply for and renew licenses as needed
• Compile and submit brand registrations; communicate with states and distributors as necessary to complete these tasks
• Analyze and prepare states' monthly, quarterly and annual sales, excise and wholesale tax reports
• Follow up on registration issues to ensure accuracy and legality of shipments; coordinate with Sales and Wine Club Coordinators as necessary
• Assist in the development of state compliance procedures
• Maintain data in Ship Compliant
• Work cross-functionally with Accounting, Customer Service, Sales, Tasting Room, and Marketing to support the Company on Compliance requests and state-related issues
*Other duties as needed
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Timely Recording Keeping in Workforce Now - ADP
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with special attention to detail
• Strong understanding of Ship Compliant
• Ability to prioritize and maintain workload
• Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Professional and pleasant disposition; able to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions
• Effective team player; maintains a positive and motivating attitude
• Creative, energetic, highly organized, and takes initiative
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• B.A. / B.S. in business related field or 1 - 3 years of similar industry experience; winery experience preferred
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Regular business schedule: Monday through Friday. Overtime possible, but very infrequent.
Boisset Collection is an innovative, eco-minded, dynamic company with family roots in France and California. Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.