Acting on own initiative, this position is responsible for planning and procurement of materials, equipment, and services for the indirect, direct, POS or professional services commodity categories. Ensures maintenance of all sourcing records, pricing, receivable/invoicing, supplier relationship and metrics.
• Purchases specified materials and services at optimum prices, quantities, terms (lead time, discounts, sales tax and freight), conditions, and quality.
• Responsible for ordering effective quantities of materials from most cost-effective supplier to obtain best delivered pricing and monitoring spend for re-order purchasing efficiencies and approval limits.
• Promptly reviews, follows up, and expedites delivery of orders; arranges shipment of returned items, and clear invoicing problems as needed.
• Supports A/P and Receivers with invoice discrepancy resolution.
• Creates purchase orders and blanket purchase orders as requested or using e-requisition/MRP signals.
• Follows the Purchasing, Delegation of Authority and ISO policies.
• Tracks and monitors receipts and spending approval limits.
• Keeps abreast of all pricing changes, sources, cost drivers, market conditions, availability, lead times of materials and quality/supplier performance issues assigned to purchase.
• Administers contracts terms and conditions for assigned materials and services.
• Responsible for managing multiple suppliers for like materials.
• Develops and maintains good supplier relationships to support the company's policies, cost controls and asset utilization.
• Works with Category Managers, QC and Accounting to track supplier performance.
• Forecasts and procures all materials, supplies, equipment, ingredients/chemicals, barrels, vineyard supplies, concentrate, high-proof wine, services, and other items necessary for the business.
• Purchases materials and services for other department and/or divisions as directed by the department manager.
• Assists Category Managers in strategic sourcing events, supplier rationalization and consolidation efforts.
• Works with category managers to develop request for proposal (RFP), receive competitive bids, analyze and provide recommendation for procurement. Support development of Master Service Agreement (MSA) contracts as required.
• Ensures all suppliers have signed NDA, certificate of insurance or contracts (MSA) as required.
• Supports lien release process.
• Maintains appropriate documentation.
• Assists with project implementation function, co-packer relationship, and special projects as assigned.
• Builds strong relationships with other functional areas to recommend and implement solutions to supply issues and opportunities.
• Demonstrates sound business ethics; show consistency among principles, values, and behavior; build trust with others through own authenticity and follows-through on commitments; drive results and success; conveys a sense of urgency
• Manages pricing and spending while identifying opportunities for savings.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• AA or AS degree in Supply Chain, Accounting or Business is required; BA or BS degree is preferred
• 5 years & rsquo; experience in purchasing, procurement or sourcing; extensive knowledge of supplies, materials, and services
• Experience in wine or food & beverage industries
• Experience in wine import business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Detail oriented
• Must have advanced purchasing skills i.e. Negotiations, sourcing, and supplier relations
• Analytical skills, ability to manage large datasets
• Experience working with ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, etc.) and automated sourcing and procurement tools (Ariba, Coupa, etc.)
• PC skills, Microsoft Office suite tools, good communication skills, excellent organizational ability and proven problem-solving ability
Certificates and Licenses
Certifications with APICS, CSCMP, ISM and/ or Lean
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Drives automotive equipment.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.