Bennett Lane Winery is in search of motivated, passionate and hardworking individuals to join our production team for the 2019 Harvest season. This position requires people who work well in a busy, demanding environment, but who would also like to have lots of fun! There is no requirement of previous harvest experience or education, but we prefer at least one or two harvests under your belt. We are looking for team players who are also excited to learn on the job, and who will meld well with our small enthusiastic Bennett Lane production team.
Some of the duties you can expect to learn and perform include:
• Sorting and processing fruit before pumping to tank.
• Cleaning/sanitizing tanks and equipment.
• Fermentation management such as pump-overs, punch-downs and daily Brix and temperature reading/recording.
• Tank additions such as yeast and nutrients.
• Basic sampling procedures in the vineyard and in the winery.
• Basic laboratory procedures.
• Barrel management such as cleaning, sanitizing, racking, filling and topping.
• Assisting staff with press operations.
• Performing and documenting work orders with our tracking software, InnoVint.
As a Bennett Lane intern we hope that you are passionate and ready to learn all aspects of winemaking together; from viticulture to bottling. The following are requirements for the position:
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ready to work hard with a positive and team player attitude.
• Able to be prompt in the mornings and flexible with work hours, expect to work on some weekend days and late into the evening on occasion.
• Read, speak, write and perform simple calculations.
• Able to work in confined spaces, such as a fermentation tank or bladder press.
• Able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
• Have respect for all other employees.
• Able to follow directions directly and accurately.
Please come in to submit a résumé and brief cover letter telling us a little of yourself and why you are applying for the position to:
Bennett Lane Winery
3340 Hwy 128
Calistoga, CA 94515