Martin Ray Vineyards is a Russian River Valley winery specializing in a diverse array of wines that are showcased through two labels. We crush approximately 3,500 tons, and produce everything from Russian River Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, to Stags Leap and Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon. We are geared toward maintaining quality at every level.
Angeline Vineyards specializes in wines primarily from Sonoma, Mendocino and Monterey Counties, with an emphasis on quality and consumer value.
We are looking for someone to join our production team as Winemaker. The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, self-motivated individual capable of performing all aspects of winemaking from inventory planning to final blending.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
• Accountable for product style, quality and integrity with a keen eye for detail.
• Must be proactive and versatile, with a willingness to work within constantly a changing landscape.
• Ability to work solo as well as a member of a close winemaking and cellar team, and willing and capable of working directly with the Owner and consulting winemakers.
• Confidence to take on the responsibility of calling the shots on winemaking decisions.
• Experience with a broad range of varietals, appellations and winemaking styles (small lot vs. large lot).
• Commitment to excellence, high standards and professionalism.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow with a cool head.
• Ability and willingness to represent winery in professional and public arenas.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Fermentation Science, Enology or Viticulture.
• Minimum eight years of winery experience. Minimum of four years with direct responsibility managing a winery operation as a Winemaker or Associate Winemaker.
• Strong viticulture knowledge and hands on cellar production experience.
• Proven experience with laboratory environment, equipment, and safety procedures.
• In-depth experience with bottling in all areas (QA/QC, wine prep, micro).
• Proficient on Word, Excel, Innovint or similar winetracking software.
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
• Valid CA Driver’s License and clean DMV record.
• Spanish language skills highly desired.
• Flexible work schedule and ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment with potentially long hours, including weekends.
• Successful candidates should have the ability to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift 45 lbs. This position requires a high level of energy, and candidates should be aware of the physical demands of winery work.
*Please email resume and cover letter.